Underwater Studio Photography Workshop
LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA
5-7 AUGUST 2022
FEATURING PROFESSIONAL UNDERWATER MODELS HANNAH MERMAID & MERMAN JAX!
Are you an underwater portrait photographer looking to hone your skills, or maybe a land photographer looking to move into underwater?
The Underwater Studio Photography Workshops will help you to learn and up-skill in this amazingly creative niche genre.
To make the most of your time I’ve broken the workshop down in to 3 Days/Sections: Underwater Photography Techniques, Studio Lighting, and Retouch/Post-production .
You’re welcome to book one or all sections of the workshop, but I would recommend all if you wanted to get the full impact of this course.
All days are 10am – 6pm, with an hour lunch break.
Class numbers are limited to 4 people per day, so that everyone gets a decent amount of attention and time with the models during the workshop.
On our first day we will be covering beginner topics, starting from scratch for anyone that might be new to underwater portrait photography or someone who wants to refresher/learn a different technique.
This will be a hands on day with lots of theory, including shooting with our models – one of which will be new to this so you can learn how to direct inexperienced subjects.
- Types of gear/uses
- Gear maintenance
- Camera settings
- Lens choices
- Basic underwater physics
- Shoot safety/common dangers
- Breath-hold techniques
- Staying steady underwater
- Fabric/wardrobe choices
- Shooting with backgrounds
- Working with Natural light – Overview
- Working with Artificial light – Overview
- Open water vs closed water shooting
- Working with models (2 models & 2 outfits each)
- Dealing with unpredictability (Chaos Theory)
- Pool care and best practices
- Post shoot tasks
What to Bring
- Camera, cards, batteries, and underwater housing with sync port (Optional, as we can provide a shared camera/housing if needed)
- Weightbelt (Optional)
- Summer footwear
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks each day
- Most equipment (see “what to to bring”)
- 2 models, outfits, makeup (days 1 & 2)
What's Not Included
- Transportation or airfare